FINANCE ADVICE AND SUPPORT
The Tennyson Learning Community finance function is led by the Chief Financial Officer who provides advice and practical support to each of the school’s Senior Leadership teams. Strong financial management is a key component in any successful school.
Our focus is on providing senior staff and governors with up to date, clear and relevant information for informed decision making. Financial returns and audit services will be provided at Trust level, leaving finance staff free to concentrate on managing their budgets and maximising the use of resources.
Each school will be provided with on-site support during the joining process, along with ongoing financial training and oversight. The CFO will ensure that financial processes and procedures within our schools are robust and effective and compliant with EFA regulations and with Company and Charity Law.
At a glance:
- Access to financial expertise and training from a range of MAT staff including the Chief Finance Officer, Operations
- Advice on compliance with the Academy Financial Handbook and the MAT’s financial procedures
- Provision of internal and external audit service
- Financial risk audits
- Whole school efficiency reviews and support
- Access to a central team of qualified procurement specialists who will create a clear picture of your current procurement practices & provide advice on opportunities
- Training to procure goods & services effectively
- Access to procurement savings via the MAT group agreements
- *Please note that procurement of low value or occasional items remains the responsibility of individual schools in line with the agreed scheme of delegation